With record number of Brits owning a second property abroad, buying a holiday home has never been easier.
With increasing number of low cost airline destinations it is estimated that over 200,000 Britons travel abroad each year in search of their dream home.
Are you looking for a mortgage for your dream home abroad?
Speak to our FSA regulated international mortgage advisors today. Simply complete the short enquiry form and our advisors will call to discuss your requirements.
Before you decide to buy a property abroad it is best to give some consideration to the points below:
- Budget – how much are you willing to spend? Remember to take into account the conversion rate.
- Purpose – is it for personal use or investment, or perhaps both?
- Location – do you want to be in the city or country, on the beach or in the mountains?
- Travel – how accessible is the property? What are the costs involved?
- Amenities – do you need access to schools and shops nearby?
- Rental and investment potential
Always make sure you enlist specialist advice from independent Solicitors, Architects and Surveyors before signing on the dotted line.
This is essential because each country will have its own laws regulations regarding property ownership.