J Sainsbury Plc has around 785 stores and employs over 150,000 people in the UK alone. The supermarket’s core grocery business was expanded to include Sainsbury’s Convenience Store, Sainsbury’s Home and Sainsbury’s Bank.
With such a varied portfolio of products Sainsbury’s can offer a wide range of careers and training opportunities.
Career opportunities in Sainsbury’s
At Sainsbury’s the employees play an integral part in the success of the business, so if you are committed to delivering a first class customer service and have a ‘can do’ attitude then you will fit right in.
Sainsbury’s offer careers in many different areas to include, Retail Stores, Management, Support Centre, Logistics and Pharmacy.
The in store careers include Counter Assistants, Merchandisers, Bakers, Confectioners, Stock Controllers, Pharmacists, Petrol Service Assistant, Price and Advertising Controllers and Sainsbury’s Online Shopper to name but a few.
Informal office environment
However if you are interested in working in a more informal office environment then the Sainsbury’s Support Centre based in Holborn in London could be the place for you.
Here you will find open plan offices and huge range of careers in; Buying, Retail, Supply Chain, Corporate Services, Marketing, Finance. HR, IT and Sainsbury’s Bank.
If you’re interested in pursuing a career in management then Sainsbury’s can offer you a myriad of roles to include:
- Operations Management
- Store Management
- Department Management
- HR Management and Pharmacy Management.
If you are after a Trainee Management role then Sainsbury’s also have a Graduate Scheme which will give you the training you need to achieve your career goals.
Rewards and benefits
As well as offering a competitive salary Sainsbury’s also offer their employees a comprehensive rewards and benefits package. Depending on your role you may also be entitled to some of the benefits listed below:
- Discount Card – after completing six months service this card will entitle you to discounted shopping at Sainsbury’s
- Annual Bonus Scheme – rewarded to individuals in recognition for excellent service
- Family friendly policies – maternity and paternity benefits including career breaks and leave for fertility treatment
- Parental leave – after one year’s service entitlement to take up to 13 weeks unpaid leave for each child under the age of five
- Childcare vouchers – option to receive vouchers in exchange for portion salary. Vouchers are non taxable and NI exempt
- Pension – Sainsbury offer a contributory pension scheme
- Sainsbury’s Share Purchase Plan – The SSPP provides opportunity to purchase shares in Sainsbury’s
- Private healthcare – discounted healthcare through Bupa
How to apply for Sainsbury’s jobs
To find out more about Sainsbury’s jobs and to see latest vacancies visit Sainsbury’s Careers